Nothing says summer like a taste of sweet tart Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. Learn to can it and enjoy it all winter long! Perfect on a biscuit, PB&J, or pancakes. Makes an amazing filling for cakes too!
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- 1 15 oz can Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2 small boxes Strawberry Jello
- 10 cups Chopped Fresh Rhubarb Frozen may be used as well.
- 6 cups Sugar
- 4 1/2 cups Fresh Chopped Strawberries Frozen may be used as well.
- 2 boxes Sure Jell
- Add all the rhubarb and fresh strawberries to a big stock pot and cook down a little until it starts to get very soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the pie filling and Jello and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Sure Jell and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Once the Sure Jell comes to a boil, Add all the sugar and bring to a full rolling boil. Then boil for another minute.
- Fill jars and water bath can for 15 minutes. Remove from canner and cool. Check seals. Enjoy!
I love a little taste of summer in the deep of winter. When I’m cozy and warm, nestled away from the cold and snow, I can dream of summer and it’s bright and sweet flavors! What are your favorite flavors of summer in a jam?