Creamy, garlicky, cheesy and especially bacon laden, pan-seared brussels sprouts. It doesn’t get any better than that. No really, it doesn’t. These little green globes of goodness are so good for you, now pair them with ingredients that make them, dare I say it, unrestrained. That’s why my dear husband calls them Guilty Pleasure Brussels Sprouts. I dare you not to love them.
Guilty Pleasure Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts washed, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 lbs bacon chopped into small chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup parmesean cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Fry bacon in a heavy oven proof skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from pan to drain on a paper towel. Drain bacon grease, reserving 3-4 tbsp. in the pan.
- In the same pan, over medium high heat, add the butter and brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, cook the sprouts until the edges start to crisp up and char, they are done when there is browning all around, about 8 -10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for about a minute until fragrant. Then add the cream and simmer on low until the brussels sprouts are tender to your liking.
- Remove from heat, add bacon back into the pan and thoroughly combine.
- Then sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake in the oven until the cheeses are bubbly and brown. If needed you can broil the pan for a few minutes to get the cheese to brown. Season with extra salt and pepper if you prefer. You can also garnish with fresh parsley, rosemary or thyme. ENJOY!
How do you like your brussels sprouts? Or maybe you don’t like them at all. Either way, I know you will absolutely adore these. Give them a try. What are you waiting for, they’re good for you, I promise.
Well, kinda. Don’t worry about it, they are amazing and worth a few extra calories, after all, they are vegetables.
Let me know how much you loved them in the comments below, pin it and share the recipe with your friends too, they’ll thank you for it!