Eggshells are very useful around the homestead and any home for that matter. Learn how to prepare them properly for many incredible uses!
Eggshells have many uses. Probably many more than even I have dreamed up! If you need some ideas on how to use them, check out these 8 ideas. Here is how I prepare my eggshells to use around the homestead.
- Use your eggs as you typically would.
- Wash the eggshell thoroughly under running water. Removing any remaining whites but leaving the membranes.
- Save up enough clean shells to fill a baking sheet, or more if you’d like. I typically do multiple batches in one day about once a month.
- Arrange the eggshells on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 250-degree oven for 10-15 mins until completely dry and brittle, but not burnt.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool until easily handled.
- Put in a blender and blend until the consistency of fine powder for human consumption, rough bits for animals is fine.
- Store in tightly sealed jars away from light and moisture until ready to use.
What do you think? Easy peasy? Have you used eggshells in your home or garden? What ways have you found them to be beneficial? I love learning about new things and trying them out. Share with me in the comments below your uses!